Scholarships for returning students
Returning seminary students can apply for multiple scholarships to help them reach their educational goals. Peruse the list below to see which scholarship criteria you meet. Applications are open on May 1 and are due annually by May 19.
John Allen Seminary Endowment
- criteria: Seminary-enrolled student who is intent on completing his studies toward a degree of Master of Divinity or Master of Ministry or a similar seminary Master level degree in preparation of becoming a pastor in a local church.
David Auckland Memorial Scholarship
- criteria: Junior or senior student in Pastoral Ministries, Pastoral Ministries – Seminary Track, Intercultural Studies, or Intercultural Youth Ministries program, who is making progress toward a degree, or a student who already completed 15 credit hours at the graduate or seminary level. Minimum GPA of 2.5. Must possess a vitality in their Christian walk and a love for evangelism and interacting with other worldviews to lead people to faith and growth. Demonstrates academic merit, financial need and ministry potential.
Auker Seminary Endowment
- criteria: Pastoral or missions student at the seminary with preference to those with families; well-rounded individual with interests, gifts and abilities that match his or her educational pursuits; GPA of 3.0 or higher.
Barndollar Lecture Endowment
- criteria: Sophomore with 3.5 or higher GPA in field of Bible. Not transferable; may be given by BBS faculty action/determination. Will be withdrawn from any student who fails to register at BBS for his or her senior year and given to another student deemed worthy by the faculty.
W.W. Barndollar Seminary Endowment
- criteria: Second year, male student with GPA of 3.5 or better in the area of biblical exposition.
BBS Michigan Pastoral Studies Endowment
- criteria: BBS students who are current MARBC pastors and church planters, or BBS students who are from Michigan and plan to minister in Michigan, or BBS students who plan to minister in Michigan. Based on academic merit, financial need and ministry potential.
Howard A. and Ruth I. Bixby Endowment
- criteria: Seminary student from New England who desires to return and serve in pastoral ministry. Must evidence academic merit, financial need, ministry potential, and plans to minister in New England.
Howard and Carol Bixby Church Evangelism Seminary Endowment
- criteria: Student who has completed 30 credit hours at time of reward. Demonstrates spirit of compassion for the lost by the habitual practice of personal or church group evangelism.
Richard Engle Memorial Scholarship
- criteria: Seminary student who, in the opinion of the faculty, has demonstrated outstanding achievement in the study of Biblical Hebrew, “alacrity” in exegesis, and an appreciation for its use in preaching and teaching. Must have completed 30 credits of seminary work, cumulative GPA of 3.0+, and demonstrate a love for the First Testament.
Ethnic Minority Student Scholarship
- criteria: Seminary student who is committed to church planting in North America. Minimum of 20 credits completed, 2.5 GPA. Ethnic minority or international student with financial need. Written recommendation for vocational ministry.
Expository Preaching Seminary Endowment
- criteria: Seminary student who demonstrate skills evidenced in expository preaching, must have an evaluation by the seminary faculty, and must have the recommendation of the Pastoral Theology Department.
Arthur W. and Dorothy Glidewell Scholarship
- criteria: Married seminary student. 1/3 can go to married university student.
Lewis Vivian & Verna Clanton Graham Endowed Scholarship
- criteria: Seminary student pursuing a full-time ministry degree. Students will only be considered if they exhibit characteristics consistent with ministry mindedness, godly discernment and spiritual leadership. Will receive 50% of scholarship.
- criteria: Seminary student. Awarded by the seminary financial aid committee at their discretion.
Small Church Pastoral Seminary Scholarship
- criteria: Awarded to a Master of Divinity student preferred (but may be awarded to Master of Ministry or Master of Arts student) who is completing studies at Baptist Bible Seminary and is serving (or plans to serve) in pastoral ministry at a small church. The scholarship award is given in memory of Mr. Chris Jescavage of Tunkhannock, Pennsylvania, who is remembered for his many years of service to Eaton Baptist Church.
Dr. Renald Showers Academic Endowment
- criteria: Seminary student who needs financial assistance.
Joseph M. Stowell Seminary Endowment
- criteria: Seminary student who is an ethnic minority or an international student, showing promise for church planting, pastoring or missionary service to his or her people.
Williams N.T. Seminary Endowment
- criteria: Seminary student who excels in New Testament studies.
Student Financial Services