Master of Theology (on-campus or online)
Master of Theology (on-campus or online)
Master of Theology – Online or On-campus
Prepare for ministry leadership and academic research through deep and practical study with the Master of Theology program at Baptist Bible Seminary.
You will develop the efficient research skills you need in theology and biblical languages to meet your academic and ministry goals.
32 credit hours
Online or on campus
PREPARATION FOR LIFE AND MINISTRY
Accessible and Practical
You’ll learn under faculty members who are passionate about helping you prepare theologically with an effective ministry mindset. These professors not only bring a high level of scholarship and the highest academic credentials; each one also has significant experience in churches and ministry settings. You will gain tangible strategies to correctly handle the Word of God, think critically and use discernment in your ministry.
“Both the content and structure of online learning has helped grow disciplines that have proved invaluable to me personally and to God’s church. The M.A. program has brought more life to my educational foundation than anything I have done in the past.”
TUITION & AID
BBS is affordable
BBS works hard to ensure you receive the best value in education with competitive tuition rates, many ways to qualify for discounts and individualized support.
Discounted rates for course audits
Does not include textooks
PERSONAL SPIRITUAL GROWTH
A Master of Divinity from an accredited seminary or graduate school is the standard requirement. Your M.Div. must have included biblical language study. You may take supplemental courses to fill this requirement.
You must have earned a grade point average of 3.0 in all graduate studies to enter the Th.M. program.
General requirements for entrance into Baptist Bible Seminary apply to all doctoral students, as listed in the Baptist Bible Seminary Catalog.
What You Will Study
Built on the learning and experience of the M.Div., the 32 credit hour Th.M. will develop your proficiency in a selected area of Bible knowledge.
Once you hold the Th.M. degree, you can go on to complete the Doctor of Philosophy program. The Th.M. courses are designed to parallel the first half of the Doctor of Philosophy program, setting you up for a smooth transition into attaining this terminal degree.
Complete this non-residential program in one-week, on-campus modules, backed by twelve weeks of additional online study wherever it is most convenient for you. Select classes are available completely online. This flexibility allows you to further your ministry while you pursue the degree that can enhance your ministry.
All courses are 3 credits unless noted.
Course Descriptions can be found in the catalog.
Required Core Courses—20 credits
- Seminar in Old Testament Hermeneutics & Exegetical Method [OT1]
- Seminar in New Testament Hermeneutics & Exegetical Method [NT1]
- Seminar in Advanced Theological Method [TH1]
- Advanced Bible Teaching and Communication Methods [PHD1]
- Professional Teaching Practicum [PH14] – 2 credits
- Th.M. Thesis [MT902]
- Choose one course:
- Developing Effective Leadership Skills [MP1]
- The Centrality of the Scriptures in Ministry [MP2]
- Current Trends in Global Ministry [MP3]
- Courses are crafted to meet unique challenges in ministry and to challenge you to bring your experience to the table and take your ministry to the next level.
- Experience mentorship through the investment of our seminary faculty.
- Take advantage of on-campus living or accommodations in the nearby region.
Further Your Ministry without Leaving Your Ministry
With a module format, you will only be on campus for one week out of the semester, unless you take one of our select online courses, making this degree truly flexible to work with your ministry and professional schedule.
Flexibility is key. Jump in and start reaching toward your goals at any time of year with our multiple start dates.
You want to
choose a seminary:
- Where you can deepen your ministry.
- Where you can learn at your own pace.
- Where you’ll be challenged to think biblically.
- Where you’re own spiritual growth is a top priority.
Every class at BBS is carefully crafted with your relationship with God and the foundation of Scripture at its core. You will be immersed in principles from God’s Word as you learn valuable, practical tools to apply to your ministry.
Take the Next Step
Answer God's call to serve Him as you deepen your ministry and grow spiritually.