Home » October Internship Report – Kevin and Alisha Greene

October Internship Report – Kevin and Alisha Greene

Published September 27, 2016

North Annville Bible Church, Annville, PA

Kevin

Ministry Highlights

We successfully kicked off a variety of ministry this past month. Our Youth Group, Young Adult Group and new Sunday Morning Kids ministry all have gotten off to great starts. Each one needs more volunteers, but each one has been well attended, and God is doing great things in the lives of the people involved.

We had our annual church meeting, and I was able to cast my vision for the new outreach direction of our church. It was great to see everyone thinking about their circles of influence. Now the work begins to contact our LifeGroup leaders to see how I can help them help their group start to serve and meet needs in these circles of influence. We are praying that God will use us to reach many people and see many people put their faith in Jesus and desire to join our groups.

We have met a handful of new LVC students as a result of our Young Adult group moving its meeting place to the campus of LVC.

Our high schoolers continue to do well leading their small group of K-4th graders. It’s been exciting to see how they have built relationships with the children and to see the children so excited about their small groups!

Key Prayer Requests

Continue to pray that I can use this internship to get into a good habit of staying fed Biblically now that my seminary classes are finished. Pray I can get back into the habit of doing my daily devotions in our Quiet Time with those in the youth group that have chosen to do it also this year. Pray that more students will get into the routine as well!

Pray that God will continue to open doors to reach more and more young adults on the college campus (where I graduated from). We have reached a few LVC students over the last month but our prayer is to continue to reach more.

We need God to raise up a new wave of ministry volunteers. Youth group, YAC, and Kids Ministry all need more adult leaders to minister to those involved. Pray that the people God brings to our mind will be ready to join the various groups.

Pray that we can start to reach out into our circles of influence in a programmed and yet random way. We are starting with serving at a community park festival October 22 and will go from there!

Prominent Lessons

Relationships in ministry are so key. I mentioned from the pulpit about the need for kids ministry helpers, and one lady responded right away because of the relationship that my wife and I have built with them over the years.

Sometimes it is important to slow down and consider all the people that God has brought into the various groups that I am apart of and the many opportunities that I have been given to influence them to love and follow Jesus more. Sometimes a week, and especially a Sunday can go by, and I forget just how many people have had the opportunity to grow in their faith because of the position God has placed me in.

I was able to keep the outreach vision in front of our people in a real tangible way. I need to continue to be the leader in this endeavor and pray that God continues to bring opportunities along. As much as we have so many needs in the church, we can’t forget about the needs outside!

We need to always be recruiting people to get involved in ministries so that they can be a part of a discipleship mission. I don’t want to look at recruiting people to join ministry teams for the sake of filling holes. I want to invite people into a discipleship model that is constantly building into them as they build into others.

Key Goals for the Next Month

Have a successful start to our new outreach focus by serving well at the park on Oct. 22. Also, get the ball rolling on upcoming outreach project/events.

Have a successful corn maze youth group event on Oct. 23. This has always been a favorite event by our group. Hoping that we can also have a good high school/junior high split session next week.

Recruit people to join the ministry teams.

Continue to build relationships in YAC and encourage everyone to invite their friends and people who need to be a part of the group.

Alisha

Ministry Highlights

Involved in many youth group activities.

Key Prayer Requests

Good vacation with my mom.

Prayers for a girl in the youth group that is struggling.

Prominent Lessons

Connecting with people during the week is a good way to show you care about them.

Key Goals for the Next Month

Successful outreach event on Oct. 22.

SearchCategories
Archives Related Posts
Left Menu Icon