Home » October Internship Report – Casey and Michelle Jacobs

October Internship Report – Casey and Michelle Jacobs

Published September 27, 2016

Emmanuel Baptist Church, Toledo, Ohio

Casey

Ministry Highlights

Preaching/speaking opportunities with the youth at our Christian school.

Teaching The Gospel At Work to our church’s young professionals.

Attending a seminar on Suffering, Grief, and Loss by Dr. Bob Kelleman.

Counseling and witnessing to a co-worker fighting off cancer and suffering from a miscarriage.

Starting and hosting a new Small Group in our home.

Key Prayer Requests

For balance in life and ministry.

For time management in getting project proposals submitted and work initiated.

For continued witness to co-workers at the hospital.

Prominent Lessons

Church discipline is a necessary practice for the health and life of a church. It is often a delicate matter, but when handled biblically is a good reminder of the Cross and of God reconciling us to Himself.

A biblical theology of suffering and grief offers greater hope to those who are hurting than the world’s approach to life’s losses.

When God provides open doors to present the gospel it is imperative that I am prepared with biblical truth and the boldness to proclaim it. Opportunities to share with the lost should never be taken for granted.

Key Goals for the Next Month

Preach my first ABA.

Write my proposal for my first project.

Have a better handle on balancing my time between family and ministry.

Michelle

Ministry Highlights

Our first Moms Matter meeting went well.  We had a good turn out, and it was great to see moms enjoying time fellowshipping. Pastor Shane Miller spoke on principles of communication, which I already have put into practice a couple times since then. The gospel was shared.

Soul care is going well after a slow start.

Key Prayer Requests

Pray that any unsaved moms that attend Moms Matter would accept the truth of the gospel that is shared at each meeting.

I am teaching a book study the four Mondays in October. Please pray that I would trust God to equip me and that the Spirit would speak through me, that I would get out of the way and instead of focusing on my weaknesses, focus on God’s strength.

Pray that I would continue to submit to what God is teaching me personally right now and that I would be changed by him into Christ’s image.

Prominent Lessons

I’m learning a lot in the area of humility right now.  When I started preparing for teaching a Bible study that starts October 3, I knew right away that I needed to humble myself before God. He has definitely answered that prayer as there have been many hard issues I’ve faced this week that keep taking me back to Him for help and guidance.

Key Goals for the Next Month

Trust God to grow me in the area of leading a Bible study as I teach on Monday nights.

Invite our neighbors over for a bonfire, so we can start building relationships with them.

Better application of God’s word in my life.

SearchCategories
Archives Related Posts
Left Menu Icon